Tuesday 18 September 2012

A Christian Mother's 'Intuition' is The Holy Spirit

I would like to encourage us mothers to be intentional on a daily basis on pressing into the Savior's presence, in making it a top priority to ask God to remind us to pray for our children throughout the course of the day.

Last week, I asked my Father to do that for me, for I read how busy the devil is in continually laying snares for my children's feet.....but....I also read of the awesome power of God that is released through prayer, in particular, a mother's prayer.

It was time for my daughter to attend to her chores, while I was busy attending to mine. While I was vacuuming the carpet, I sensed a moving to pray for her while she was in the kitchen, that even though the devil is present in there with her to tempt her to possibly foolishness, negligence, allowing the mind to wander, or whatever tests come to a little girl while doing house chores, that she would hear Jesus' voice and choose Him. I also prayed that she would enjoy doing her work as unto the Lord.

Well, later on that day, I believe it was Family Worship Time, and Rachel wanted to share with me a testimony (and she is okay with me sharing this with you). She told me how when she was in the kitchen washing the dinner table, that a temptation came to her to not clean in between the flap which folds down for space, as I have instructed her in times past. In her mind, she said, Mummy wouldn't know if I cleaned it or not, for it looked clean anyway, but she felt a prompting that that wouldn't please Jesus, so she obeyed, praise God. Right then and there it came to me that THAT WAS THE SAME TIME I WAS PRAYING FOR HER. What if I had ignored that call to my heart, and cast it aside as an unnecessary thought, and something I would attend to later? The Lord saw the danger she was exposed to, and moved me to pray for her.

Parents, the future will reveal to us the countless times our prayers have turned back the tide of evil that was about to overflow our young people.

'Great responsibilities rest upon you, mothers. Although you may not stand in national councils, ... you may do a great work for God and your country. You may educate your children. You may aid them to develop characters that will not be swayed or influenced to do evil, but will sway and influence others to do right. By your fervent prayers of faith you can MOVE THE ARM THAT MOVES THE WORLD.' {The Adventist Home, 264.}


It is impossible to estimate the power of a praying mother’s influence. {Pr 196.4}

No comments:

Post a Comment